The SSC CGL 2016 Notification are announced and will be published in Employment News 13th Feb edition.
The significant changes in this year's scheme of examination are as follows -
1. Change in Nomenclature and Age limit of the post
Assistant in Central Secretariat Service has been changed to Assistant Section Officer in Central Secretariat Service. The maximum age for general category of this post has been increased from 27 years to 30 years.
2. Post Discontinued
Assistant (Cypher) in Ministry of External Affairs has been discontinued.
3. New Post Added
Assistant Audit Officer in Indian Audit & Accounts Department under CAG has been introduced. This is a non-ministerial gazetted post with a grade pay of Rs 4800. This is the first time a post with grade pay of Rs 4800 has been introduced.
*This post has been included with the in principle approval of the Government
subject to final approval
4. Qualification for Assistant Audit Officer in CAG
A desirable qualification has been added (Besides the essential one which is bachelor's degree) which states that candidates having CA, CS or Cost & Management Accountant or M.Com., Masters in Business Studies, MBA (Finance) or Masters in Business Economies will be preferred.
5. Instead of Upper Division Clerk a new post has been introduced with the name Senior Secretariat Assistant.
6. The date for reckoning Age limit is 1st August 2016.
7. Link for Application - http://ssconline2.gov.in. and http://sscregistration.nic.in
8. Interview component has been dispensed with. There will, therefore, be no interview.
9. Candidates applying for Assistant Audit Officer under CAG will have to write additional paper of General Studies(Finance and Economics) in Tier II.
The examination will be of 2 hours having 200 maximum marks. The number of questions will be notified later
To know more, refer to the notification here
All the best!!