The first step in the selection process is an entrance test, the Joint Management Entrance Test (JMET), which is the common entrance test for entry into the schools of management at IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Chennai, IIT Roorkee and IISc Bangalore.
The examination will be held on the 14th of December 2003.
The URL of the JMET site of VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur is:
Eligibility for applying for the Full-Time Two-Year Post-Graduate programme, Masters of Business Management (MBM) at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur, is First Class Bachelor's degree in any branch of Engineering / Technology or First Class Master's degree in Science (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor's level) or First Class Master's degree in Economics / Commerce (with Mathematics or Statistics at Bachelor's level ).
The JMET is followed by a rigorous selection procedure of IIT Kharagpur which consists of a group discussion and personal interview aimed at selecting the right candidates having not only the necessary aptitudes but also correct attitude towards learning management in the world class academic environment of IITs.
The following steps are required to be completed by the candidates interested in seeking admission to the Master of Business Management Programme at VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur.
- JMET Application Procedure
ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR JMET FACILITIES ARE ALSO AVAILABLE
- Obtain a JMET 2003 (Joint Management Entrance Test) Information Brochure.
- Complete the JMET application form and send it to the GATE Office as stipulated in the JMET Information Brochure along with specified fees.
- Procedure for applying to IIT Kharagpur for admission to MBM Programme
- Send your request on a plain paper asking for an Application Form along with a self-addressed stamped (Rs. 7.00) envelope (size 9' x 4') to the Assistant Registrar, Vinod Gupta School of Management, Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - 721302. Request for an application form will be entertained from December 26, 2003. The application form can also be downloaded from the website: www.iitkgp.ernet.in/vgsom.
- Obtain a demand draft for Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC/ST/PH candidates) made in favour of "VGSOM, IIT Kharagpur" payable at Kharagpur. Fill in the details of this draft on the Application Form as specified.
- Send the Application Form, duly filled in and signed, along with the requisite demand draft to :
The Admissions Coordinator
Vinod Gupta School of Management,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur - 721 302.
Do not send this application to the GATE Office. Also, if you are sending applications to more than one participating Institute of the JMET, make sure you send the correct form and demand-draft to the correct Institute.
THE LAST DATE FOR THE SCHOOL TO RECEIVE YOUR DULY FILLED APPLICATION FORM IS JANUARY 27, 2004.
Only those candidates who have successfully qualified at JMET examination, the result of which are expected to be announced around 09th January, 2004, will be eligible to apply. The application, duly filled in and signed, must be received by us latest by 27th January 2004. After receipt of applications, a shortlist will be prepared by us out of which we shall interview approximately 500 candidates. The interview shall be held on three days spread over 24th to 26th February 2004. The shortlisted candidates will be called for interview on these dates in accordance with their merit rank in the JMET-2003. Subject to vacant seats being still available out of a total of 65 seats, the remaining shortlisted candidates may be called for interview during first half of May 2004. The interview shall be held at Vinod Gupta School of Management, IIT, Kharagpur. The transport arrangement from the Kharagpur Rly. Station to IIT Kharagpur shall be provided to the candidates called for interview from 23rd February (morning), 2003 to 27th February (morning), 2004 and also for the candidates who will appear for the interview in the first half of May 2004, if required. A reception desk will be set up at the Kharagpur Rly. Station to facilitate transportation.
Fees and Expenses
Fees for the total MBM programme of four semesters cover tuition, room, part of the teaching materials, library and computer facilities and other institutional fees. For academic year 2003-2004, fees is Rs. 45,000/- per semester. Expenses on account of mess charges are extra. A refundable "caution" deposit is also charged.
COME AND EXPERIENCE A MEMORABLE LEARNING PROCESS IN THE SYLVIAN SURROUNDINGS OF THE COUNTRY'S PREMIER INSTITUTE OF LEARNING.
If you have any other questions, please send them to :
The Admissions Coordinator,
Vinod Gupta School of Management,
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur,
India - 721302.
Fax : ( 03222 ) 78027 / 55303,
or mail at email@example.com.
Post, fax or email messages are preferred by the School. Only if absolutely necessary, you may telephone at ( 03222 ) 82295 / 82224 / 83870.