For those of you who have been looking forward to giving your SSC Higher Secondary Level Exams this year, here is your reason to celebrate. The Exam Notification for 2018 SSC 10+2 Exams is officially released and here is what you should know about the exam:
How to apply:
Applications must be submitted in online mode only at the official website of SSC Headquarters i.e. https://ssc.nic.in.
• Fee payable: Rs 100/- (Rs one hundred only).
• Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Exservicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of fee.
1. Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA)
2. Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA)
3. Data Entry Operator (DEO)
4. Data Entry Operator ‘Grade A’
Vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancy position will be uploaded on the website of the Commission from time to time (https://ssc.nic.in->Candidate‟s Corner-> Tentative Vacancy).
Educational Qualification (as on 01.08.2019):
• For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
• For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The candidate should have passed 12th Standard in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
Scheme of Examination:
The examination will consist of a Computer Based Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Skill Test/ Typing Test (Tier-III).
Tier-I (Computer based Examination-Objective type):
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
• Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in “Pen and Paper‟ Mode.
• The duration of the Descriptive Paper would be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribes as per Paras 8.1 and 8.2 above).
• The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
• The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
• The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
• The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will be awarded zero marks.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test):
• Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
• Skill Test/ Typing Test will be conducted in the cities where Regional Offices of the Commission are located or as decided by the Commission.
• Skill Test/ Typing Test will be of qualifying nature.
Age limit (as on 01.08.2019):
• Minimum age: 18 years (completed) as on 01.08.2019.
• Maximum age: 27 years as on 01.08.2019.
Age Relaxations (as on 01.08.2019):
To go to the official link of the Notification, click here.
To prepare for your SSC Exam with the top coaching institute for SSC in India, click here.