IIM Rohtak has become the second IIM in the country, following IIM Indore, to launch the 5-year Integrated Program in Management (IPM). The program is for students aspiring for a career in Business Management, after 12th. This comprehensive management program comprises studies from Undergraduate (UG) to Postgraduate (PG).
To gain admission in the IPM program, the candidates need to appear for their IPMAT exam.
What is IPMAT?
IIM Rohtak’s IPMAT is a computer-based aptitude test designed to test the proficiency of candidates in Quantitative Aptitude, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability. As a part of their selection process, it is mandatory for an aspirant to take the exam. Along with the IPMAT scores, the academic profile and extra-curricular activities will also be considered during the shortlisting process.
IPMAT Important Dates
|Online Application Opens||15-Apr-19|
|Last date of Submission of Online Application||10-May-19|
|Online IPM Aptitude Test (IPMAT)||17-May-19|
|Personal Interview for Shortlisted Candidates||14-16 June, 2019|
|Announcement of Selection List||Jul-19|
- Minimum 75% in standard 10th & 12th | 70% for reserved category students
- Maximum 20 years of age as on July 31, 2019.
- Reservation to be applicable as per Government of India norms.
- A student who has appeared for class XII board exams in 2019 is also eligible to apply but should be able to produce the result by July 31, 2019.
IPMAT Application Fee
The application fee for the online exam is Rs. 3,540/- (Rupees Three Thousand Five Hundred Forty only). The candidates can submit their application from April 15, 2019 to May 10, 2019. The application fee is non-refundable.
IPMAT Exam Pattern
The paper will comprise three sections viz. Quantitative Ability, Logical Reasoning, and Verbal Ability. The duration of the test will be 120 minutes. There will be a sectional time limit of 40 minutes for each section. Each question will carry 4 marks and every incorrect attempt will draw a penalty of 1 mark.
|Section||No. of Questions||Time Limit|
IPMAT Selection Criteria
The IPMAT selection criteria is a rigorous process:
- Candidates need to apply for the IPMAT test for consideration for the program
- Basis the IPMAT scores, Academic profile, extracurricular activities, candidates will be shortlisted for a Personal Interview
- In the Personal Interview, they will evaluate the candidate on their academics, general awareness, and communication skills
- They will release the final list of selected candidates in July’19
For anyone serious about a career in business management, this is a great opportunity right after 12th. To know more about IPMAT Syllabus, IPMAT Preparation Strategy, IPMAT Preparation Programs, stay tuned!