The Maharashtra Health and Technical Common Entrance Test (MHT-CET) is a state-level entrance examination conducted by the Government of Maharashtra for admissions into B.Tech., B.Pharm., Ph.D., and other degree courses of different colleges in Maharashtra. The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Maharashtra has already released MHT-CET notification for 2019. For registration, students can visit the official website (dtemaharashtra.gov.in). Engineering aspirants, especially those hailing from Maharashtra itself, should be looking forward to this exam.
MHT-CET 2019 is scheduled from May 2–13, 2019. The application form is now available at dtemahrashtra.gov.in. It has been announced that for the first time in 2019, the exam will be conducted in online mode (Computer-Based Test). Changes have also been introduced in the exam pattern and syllabus.
|Total No. of Questions|
|100 questions (Papers I & II)|
50 questions (Paper III)
|1 mark for every correct answer. No negative marking|
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- There is no age limit to apply for MHT-CET.
- Candidates appearing for (or passed) their HSC (or 12th or its equivalent examination) from a recognized Board can apply.
The official schedule of MHT-CET 2019 is as below:
|Availability of MHT-CET Application Form||2nd week of January 2019|
|Online Registration and Confirmation||First week of April 2019|
|Issue of Admit Card||First week of April 2019|
|Exam Dates||May 2–13, 2019|
|Availability of Exam Key||Last Week of May 2019|
|Declaration of Results||Before first week of June 2019|
MHT-CET consists of 3 papers: Paper I (Physics and Chemistry), Paper II (Biology), and Paper III (Mathematics).
Important points to remember:
- The questions will be multiple choice (MCQs)
- The questions will be based on syllabus of Maharashtra State Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education
- About 20% weightage will be given to Class XI curriculum, and remaining 80% weightage to Class XII curriculum
- There will be no negative marking in the exam.
- Difficulty level of the exam will be same as that of JEE Main for Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. For Biology, the difficulty level will be same as that of NEET.
- The exam will consist of three papers, and each paper will be of 100 marks.
- Candidates appearing for the Engineering program can attempt 150 questions. They will have to appear for Papers I & III.
- Candidates appearing for Health Sciences can attempt 200 questions. They will be required to appear for Papers I & II.
- Applicants for Pharmacy courses can attempt 150, 200, or 250 questions. They will be required to appear for Paper I and one out of Papers II & III.
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Marks||Total Marks|
The syllabus for MHT CET will be the complete syllabus of Class XII (for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Biology) and some portion of Class XI. Candidates preparing for the exam should complete the whole syllabus of Class XII, as well as the portion of Class XI syllabus given below:
|Physics||Measurement, Scalars and Vectors, Force, Friction in Solids and Liquids, Refraction of Light, Ray Optics, Magnetic Effect of Electric Current, Magnetism|
|Chemistry||Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Redox Reaction, Surface Chemistry. Nature of Chemical Bond, Hydrogen, S-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline Earth Metals), Basic Principles and Techniques in Organic Chemistry, Alkanes|
|Mathematics||Trigonometric Functions, Trigonometric Functions of Compound Angles, Factorization Formulae, Straight Line, Circle and Conics, Sets, Relations and Functions, Probability, Sequences and Series|
|Botany||Diversity in Organisms, Biochemistry of Cell, Plant Water Relations and Mineral Nutrition, Plant Growth and Development|
|Zoology||Organization of Cell, Animal Tissues, Human Nutrition, Human Respiration|
The application form can be filled by visiting the online application portal. Form-filling can be done from the second week of January 2019 till the last week of March 2019.
The process includes these steps:
Step 1: Registration
Visit the official website of MHT CET and look for the Registration link. Next, click on ‘New user’; and enter details, such as, email, phone number, and password.
Step 2: Form Filling
Fill the MHT-CET 2019 Application Form carefully with your personal and academic details, before submitting. Reservation information needs to be filled, along with the other details.
Step 3: Uploading Documents
Upload a passport-sized photograph clicked on a white background; and a scanned copy of your signature.
Step 4: Application Fees Payment
The application fee for MHT-CET 2019 is INR 800 for General category, while candidates of Reserved categories need to pay INR 600. The fee can be paid either online or offline.
The admit card will be available in April 2019.The candidates should read the instructions written on the card; and then download it following the steps given below:
- Visit the official website of MHT-CET and click on ‘Admit Card’ link.
- Enter your user ID, password, and then download the admit card.
- Take a printout of the admit card.