MICA (Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad) has released the admission procedure for the 2018-2020 batch. An aspirant should be aware of the fact in order to get through MICA, one not only needs to have a minimum cut off score in CAT but also has to pass MICAT with flying colours.
What is MICAT?
MICAT is conducted by Mudra Institute of Communication, Ahmedabad (MICA) every year for admission into its courses. The exam is conducted twice in a year, in the month of December and February. The candidate can appear for both the exams. The better score in the two is counted.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline or equivalent qualification from a recognised university
- Final year students can also apply
- A valid CAT/XAT/GMAT score
|MICAT-I Registration Opens||26th September 2017|
|MICAT-I Registration Closes||30th November 2017 at 11:55pm|
|Issue of MICAT-I Call Letters/Admit Card||11th December 2017|
|MICAT-I||17th December 2017|
|MICAT-I Score Declaration||3rd January 2018|
|MICAT-II Registration Opens||3rd January 2018|
|MICAT-II Registration Closes||5th February at 11:55pm|
|Issue of MICAT-II Call Letters/Admit Card||9th February 2018|
|MICAT – II||17th February 2018|
|MICAT-II Score Declaration||26th February 2018|
|GE & PI Shortlist||1st March 2018|
|GE & PI||Dates to be announced|
|Final Results||31st March 2018|
The Application fee for MICAT is Rs 1965/- and it is payable via both mediums ONLINE and OFFLINE. Candidates choosing to pay fee online can pay through payment gateway at the official website and the candidates who wish to pay fee offline can get a DD made in favour of “MICA” payable at Ahmedabad.
- Candidates should visit the official website of MICA https://www.mica.ac.in/
- On the home page candidates can find all the residential program listed together; at PGDM-C tab, click on “Apply Online”
- A separate window will open; click on “NEW REGISTERATION”
- Fill all the required details carefully
- Pay the requisite fee (online or offline)
- Click on final “SUBMIT” button.
Mode of Exam
MICAT is a computer based test (CBT)
MICAT Exam Pattern:
The exam pattern of MICAT is as follows:
|Part 1||Psychometric test||25 minutes|
|Part 2||Ability, Quantitative Ability, General Awareness and Divergent-Convergent Reasoning||105 minutes|
|Part 3||Descriptive Test||35 minutes|
- The total duration of the test is 165 minutes
- Each part has individual time limits
- A candidate needs to qualify in the Psychometric test only then the performance in the further sections will be assessed
- There is no negative marking for questions in Part 1 and Part 3 for Part 2 there is a negative marking of ¼th of the allotted marks.
Last year’s break up of questions is as follows
|Section||No of Questions|
|Part 1||Psychometric Test||37|
|Part 3||Descriptive Test||4|
To know more about MBA as a career and to check our offerings for MBA prep, click here.
Stay tuned for more updates!!
All the best!!