Bank job aspirants have another opportunity to work with India’s central bank. RBI (Reserve Bank of India) has started its recruitment process for the post of Assistant.
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Calcutta but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated. Though originally privately owned, since nationalization in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
No. of Vacancies
The total number of vacancies is 623
|Start of Online Application||18th October 2017|
|Last date of Online Application||10th November 2017|
|Admit Card release||First week of November 2017|
|Assistant – Prelim Exam||27th & 28th November 2017|
|Main Exam – Prelim Exam||20th December 2017|
|Final Result||March 2018|
- Age limit – Not below 20 years and not above 28 years as on 1st October 2017.
Relaxation in age limit:
|PWD||SC/ST – 15 years;|
OBC – 13 years;
General – 10 years.
|Ex-Servicemen||To the extent of service rendered by them in Armed forces plus an additional period of 3 years subject to maximum of 50 years.|
|Widows/Divorced women/Women judicially separated who are not re-married||By 10 years.|
|J&K domicile during 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989||By 5 years.|
|Candidates having work experience in RBI||To the extent of number of years of such experience, subject to maximum of 3 years.|
Educational Qualification: Minimum educational qualification required is different category:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with minimum 50% marks (pass class for SC/ST/PWD candidates).
- Prelim Examination
|S No.||Name of Tests|
|No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|1||English Language||30||30||Composite time of 1 hour|
- Main Examination
|S No.||Name of Tests (Objective)||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Test of Reasoning||40||40||30 minutes|
|2||Test of English Language||40||40||30 minutes|
|3||Test of Numerical Ability||40||40||30 minutes|
|4||Test of General Awareness||40||40||25 minutes|
|5||Test of Computer Knowledge||40||40||20 minutes|
- Language Proficiency Test (LPT) – The candidates provisionally selected from the main on-line examination will have to undergo a language proficiency test (LPT).
- There will be negative marking of 1/4th negative marks
- Only those candidates will be called for Language Proficiency Test who stand sufficiently high in merit on the aggregate marks of the Objective tests
- Final selection will be made on the basis of candidate’s performance in the online main examination, biometric verification and Language Proficiency Test taken together in order of merit.
How to Apply?
- Visit the official job portal of RBI i.e.; https://www.rbi.org.in/home.aspx
- Click on “Recruitment related announcements”
- Click on “Recruitment for the post of Assistant”
- Click on “Click here for New Registration”
- Fill in the details as instructed in the form
- Cross check the details and click on “FINAL SUBMIT” tab
- Click on “Payment” tab and proceed for payment of fee
- Click on “Submit” tab.
|General/OBC Candidates||450 Rs|
|SC/ST candidates||50 Rs|
- Exam fee can be paid Online only;
- The payment can be made by Debit Card/Credit Card/Net Banking/IMPS/Cash Cards/Mobile Wallets;
- Bank/Card transactions are to be borne by candidates only.
For further details, candidates are advised to click here and check the official notification.
Stay tuned for further updates!!
All the best!!