The official notification for SNAP 2018 has been released by Symbiosis for the academic year 2019-2021. SNAP 2018 will be conducted online on 16th December 2018. This year ‘special questions’ have been introduced in the SNAP paper pattern. What appears prima facie is that the special questions will be Non MCQ type questions similar to CAT.
|Registration starts||August 28, 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Registration ends||November 26, 2018 (Monday)|
|Last date for payment||November 26, 2018 (Monday)|
|Admit Card Live on||December 01, 2018 (Saturday)|
|SNAP Online Test 2018||December 16 , 2018 (Sunday)|
Time: 14.00 hrs. to 16.00 hrs
|Result Declaration||2nd week of January 2019|
SNAP Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates must have passed graduation in any discipline with minimum 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- Final year students can also apply but their admission will be subject to obtaining a minimum of 50% marks (45% for SC/ST candidates)
- A candidate who has completed qualifying degree from any Foreign University must obtain an equivalence certificate from the Association of Indian Universities (AIU). All foreign degrees/ qualifications need to be verified from AIU by the candidate before seeking admission to any programme of SIU
A candidate needs to register for the exam and for the institutes offering his/ her choice of programmes by paying separately. The registration process for SNAP and institutes is now simplified. Aspirants can now complete the SNAP as well as program registrations in the same portal (earlier students were required to visit the website of each institutes separately).
- Visit official portal of SNAP i.e.; snaptest.org
- Click on the “Register Now” tab;
- Click on “New Registration”;
- Follow the instructions mentioned and fill in all your details;
- Finish the steps to complete your registration.
Mode of Payment:
The candidates may pay through-
- Billdesk Gateway;
- Axis Bank Gateway;
- Indian Bank Gateway;
- Demand Draft.
The test fees is 1750/- similar to last year.
SNAP Paper Pattern:
This year ‘special questions’ have been introduced to the SNAP Paper pattern. As per the official website the special questions will have no answer choices. The answer will have to be entered by the candidate using the virtual keyboard. The test duration will be 120 minutes. The normal questions will carry one mark each and the special questions will carry 2 marks each. There will be a negative marking of 25% of the allotted marks for each question including the special questions. The total number of questions will be 130 in comparison to 150 questions last year.
|Section||Normal Questions||Special Questions||Total Questions||Total Marks|
|General English: Reading Comprehension, Verbal Reasoning, Verbal Ability||30||5||35||40|
|Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency||30||5||35||40|
|Analytical & Logical Reasoning||30||5||35||40|
Stay tuned for further updates, tips and tricks for SNAP 2018.
All the best!!