At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst – Aristotle
Maybe that makes Law as one of the most respected profession in our country. Law is one of the top most thriving career in our country. Many a student aspire to become a lawyer in our country. Read about Law as a career at our Law Homepage. The respect that comes with it, the reputation that it has is hard to match. Anyone can be our law inspiration. It can be a famous lawyer who has fought for a cause, or for a celebrity, might have made millions, or would have fought for a social cause for free. It can be a family member who stands out amongst the rest of the family; it can be a neighbor whose profession helps him garner much respect.
There are not few but many law firms in India which work in different areas of law like corporate law, family law, criminal law, intellectual law etc.
In this post we will discuss top 7 law firms of India
- Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co. – Amarchand & Mangaldas & Suresh A Shroff & Co. is one of the best ranked law firm in India. This firm ensures quality assistance on legal ground is delivered. They have required expertise and enough experience to deliver qualitative legal services. They have around 84 associates and 655 lawyers.
- AZB & Partners – AZB & Partner which was a Mumbai based company jointly started working as Ajay Bahl & Company which was based in Delhi as AZB & Partners Law firms, from 2004 onwards. They specialize in areas like Banking & Finance, Mergers & Acquisitions, Private Equity, Infrastructure & Project Finance, Competition, Real Estate, Litigation & Arbitration, Insurance, Joint Ventures & General Corporate, Employment. AZB & Partners also have a good number of international clients. They have around 295 lawyers and they boast of 20 partners.
- Kaitan & Co. – Kaitan & Co. is best for known for its large scale and high standard operations. Though they cater to all areas of legal services, their expertise is in Civil Law and Defense Law. They comprise of 354 lawyers and 81 partners. They operate from 4 cities namely Bangalore, Kolkata, Mumbai and New Delhi. The firm specializes in the areas of Private Equity, Infrastructure, Media & Telecom, Banking and Finance, Intellectual Property, Employment law, Corporate & Commercial, tax and Dispute Resolution & Real Estate, Energy & Natural Resources.
- J Sagar Associates – With a portfolio of 72 partners and 292 lawyers they have expertise and experience of various areas of law. They are headquartered at Gurugram and practice in areas like Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Dispute Resolution, Regulatory & Policy, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity, General Corporate Commercial, Projects and Taxation.
- Luthra & Luthra – Luthra & Luthra has expanded big time since 1990 when it was found by Mr. Rajiv Luthra. They are based in Bangalore whike being operational in many other cities across the country. They have a team of over 300 lawyers and 42 partners. The areas of their specialization are areas of Pro Bono Work, Dispute Resolution, Environmental Law, Infrastructure, Arbitration, Banking & Finance, Energy and Natural Resources, Capital Markets , Education, Competition/Antitrust Law, Construction, Intellectual Property, Aviation, Insurance, Employment Law, Tax and Trade, Private Equity, Corporate, Real Estate, Project Finance and Managed Funds.
- Trilegal – The firm has around 172 lawyers and 23 partners. They have assisted Vodafone during their acquisition of Hutchison. Their practice specializes in the areas such as IP, banking & finance, infrastructure, Private Equity, commercial & corporate disputes, real estate, IT and energy. They have offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Hyderabad and Bangalore.
- Desai and Diwanji – Desai and Diwanji is one of the most reputed law firms in India with around 187 lawyers practicing for them and 27 partners associated the firm is certainly one big scale. Their main areas of expertise are Corporate, Mergers & Acquisition, Projects, Private Equity, Capital Markets and Litigations.
- Number of lawyers;
- Number of partners;
- Number of cities in which they operate;
- Number of big clientele. Etc.
To have an insight about what all you can choose as a career in the field of law, you can read our post on New Age law careers vs Conventional law careers.