UPSC has released the notification for Civil Services 2019 and Indian Forest Service 2019 exams. The last date for applying is March 18, 2019 (6:00 p.m. IST).
Here are some important dates:
1. Date of notification of Civil Services (Prelims): February 19, 2019
2. Last date to apply for Civil Services (Prelims): March 18, 2019
3. Date of Preliminary Exam: June 2, 2019
4. Date of Main Exam: September 29, 2019
Compared to last year, this year, the vacancies have increased. Total number of vacancies now is 896.
• No change in age limit.
• No change in the exam pattern.
• No change in the exam syllabus.
• No change in number of attempts.
• EWS reservation quota has been added.
For more details, you can download the official notification from www.upsconline.nic.in.
“Before going into battle, know the strength of the opponent”.
This is an apt approach to crack UPSC Civils Prelims because it helps you gauge your strengths and weakness. In this context, here are the details of the past five years’ exams:
Analyze past years’ trends
As you can see from the table, every subject has importance in the UPSC exam. Which means, you cannot give priority to one at the expense of others.
So, stay focused and complete every subject.
To do that, first you will need to identify your strength (i.e., your favorite subject). Complete it first; and then move on to your next favorite.
Alternatively, you can follow our 90-day study plan, which is mentioned below:
Remember, there is no study plan that fits all. Customize it based on your own strengths and weakness, so that you can maximize your potential.