NEET Study Plan for Droppers
At Career Launcher, we continuously work harder to help students crack entrance exams and join their dream colleges. Here, we have the best way for a dropper student to prepare for the NEET examination. As a dropper, you should take advantage of the fact that you will have a better idea than most aspirants about your strengths and weaknesses. The first and foremost thing required to crack highly competitive examinations like NEET is to be highly passionate towards your goal during the entire journey of your NEET preparation.
The next task is to understand the NEET exam pattern, syllabus, the type of questions asked in exam etc. and then make a strategic plan and follow it. Having an idea of all the important topics from which the questions had been consistently asked in previous exams is surely going to help.
As a dropper student you do not have to worry about the time you have for NEET compared to other students. You should dedicate your entire time to NEET preparations. You do not have to go school or worry about school preparation or any other preparation. You must use that extra time to focus completely on NEET.
Some key points that you have to keep in mind as you begin your NEET preparation:
- Make a realistic study timetable and follow it regularly.
- Remember all the subjects are equally important in exam and never neglect the one you don’t like.
- There are some topics which have been consistently given more weightage, so make a proper strategy to master those topics.
- Also, never neglect any topic as the questions can be asked from any section failing the previous trends. Instead make a doubt copy and write down what you find difficult to understand and ask it from your teacher.
- Always assess your studies by giving mock tests and analyzing the results. Know the mistakes you have committed and never try to repeat them.
- Make proper strategies and re-plan if required after analyzing the mock tests.
- Do make subject-wise plan as all three have different kinds of questions and requires a different approach.
- Follow a limited set of reference books instead of wasting energy in making a large collection of books.
- Revision is a continuous process. Keep revising time to time if you don’t want to lose a hold from a topic.
- Be consistent with preparation and never feel extreme pressure. Just do your best.
- Never keep any backlogs, try to finish the homework or your daily task within the time.
- Do solve previous years question paper of NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER
- Also take care of your health and never allow yourself to fall sick as it can affect your result
How to study Physics for NEET:
- Master the math tools like differentiation and integration and understand its application in Physics in the beginning of preparation.
- Never think of just memorizing formulas in Physics rather derive and understand their working
- Problem solving is the key to success in Physics. Don’t just read the solutions but solve them
- Focus more on the important chapters keeping the past trends in mind
- Always make short notes for all the topics you studied (it may act as formula copy too).
How to study Chemistry for NEET:
- While studying a topic, student must give a depth revision of same topic from NCERT books
- Follow tricks or make your own to memorize some of the topics like periodic table etc.
- Never forget the exceptions as these are the ones asked mostly in exams
- Learn the reaction mechanism with clarity of concept such that you can predict the product of any reaction
- Solving questions after completing a topic is always going to be beneficial
How to study Biology for NEET?
- Most important thing to do in Biology is to remember everything
- Proper reading of book followed by regular revision is one of the necessities to master Biology
- Focus more on diagrams as most questions asked in exam are related to some diagram
- Highlight all the important things you read or write it down for your quick revision before tests
- Never miss reading NCERTs as it has been a proved that a lot of question has been asked from it.
Good books for NEET preparation
There are a lot of books available for the preparation of NEET but there are few books which had created an impact and had been followed by a large number of students. One thing that students must keep in mind is that studying a book is surely going to help them in concept building but what is going to help them in cracking the exam is solving past year question papers and mock tests. Dropper students should also take care of not wasting time on different sources but choose the stick to one book for each subject and follow it thoroughly. The list of books which a student preparing for NEET can refer is:
- Concepts of Physics by HC VERMA (Part 1 and Part 2)
- Objective Physics by D.C. Pandey
- Concepts of Competition Physics for CBSE PMT by Agarwal
- Objective Physics by Prof. Satya Prakash Arya
- Physical Chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- ABC of Chemistry for Classes 11 and 12 by Modern
- Dinesh Chemistry Guide
- Organic Chemistry by Solomons, M.S. Chauhan
- Inorganic Chemistry, J.D. Lee
- Inorganic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- NCERT Biology Class XI and Class XII textbooks
- Biology Vol 1 and Vol 2 by Trueman
- Objective Biology by Dinesh
- Moderns ABC of Biology for XI & XII – B. B. Arora, A. K. Sabharwal- Modern Publishers
- Exploring Biology (Vol 1 & 2) – Sanjay Sharma & Sudhakar Banerjee
Study plan for NEET Droppers