Exam Syllabus 2017
Paper-I - Economic and social Issues
Growth and Development - Measurement of growth: National Income and per capita income - Poverty Alleviation and Employment Generation in India - Sustainable Development and Environmental issues. Economic Reforms in India - Industrial and Labour Policy - Monetary and Fiscal Policy - Privatization - Role of Economic Planning. Globalization - Opening up of the Indian Economy - Balance of Payments, Export - Import Policy - International Economic Institutions - IMF and World Bank - WTO - Regional Economic Co-operation. Social Structure in India - Multiculturalism - Demographic Trends - Urbanization and Migration - Gender Issues - Social Justice : Positive Discrimination in favor of the under privileged - Social Movements - Indian Political System - Human Development - Social Sectors in India, Health and Education.
Paper-II - English (Writing Skills)
The paper on English shall be framed in a manner to assess the writing skills including expression and understanding of the topic.
Paper-III - Finance and Management
(A) Finance and Management:
(a) Financial System
1. Regulators of Banks and Financial Institutions
2. Reserve Bank of India- functions and conduct of monetary policy, Banking System in India, Financial Institutions - SIDBI, EXIM, NABARD, NHB, etc.
(b) Financial Markets
Primary and Secondary Markets (Forex, Money, Bond, Equity, etc.), functions, instruments, recent developments.
(c) General Topics
1. Risk Management in Banking Sector
2. Basics of Derivatives: Forward, Futures and Swap
3. Changing Landscape of Banking sector
4. Recent Developments in the Financial Sector, Portfolio Investment, Public Sector Reforms, Disinvestments
5. Financial Inclusion- use of technology
6. Alternate source of finance, private and social cost-benefit, Public-Private Partnership
7. Corporate Governance in Banking Sector, role of e-governance in addressing the issues of corruption and inefficiency in the government sector.
8. The Union Budget - Direct and Indirect taxes; Non-tax sources of Revenue, GST, Thirteenth Finance Commission and GST, Finance Commission, Fiscal Policy, Fiscal Responsibility and Budget Management Act (FRBM),
9. Inflation: Definition, trends, estimates, consequences, and remedies (control): WPI, CPI - components and trends.
Management: its nature and scope; The Management Processes; Planning, Organization, Staffing, Directing and controlling; The Role of a Manager in an Organization. Leadership: The Tasks of a Leader; Leadership Styles; Leadership Theories; A successful Leader versus an effective Leader. Human Resource Development: Concept of HRD; Goals of HRD; Performance Appraisal - Potential appraisal and development - Feedback and Performance Counseling - Career Planning - Training and Development - Rewards - Employee Welfare. Motivation, Morale and Incentives: Theories of Motivation; How Managers Motivate; Concept of Morale; Factors determining morale; Role of Incentives in Building up Morale. Communication: Steps in the Communication Process; Communication Channels; Oral versus Written Communication; Verbal versus non-verbal Communication; upward, downward and lateral communication; Barriers to Communication, Role of Information Technology. Corporate Governance: Factors affecting Corporate Governance; Mechanisms of Corporate Governance.