Tips to Crack RBI Grade-B Interview
The Interview is the final phase of the RBI Grade-B Exam. It carries 50 marks. The final selection is determined on the basis of the score out of a total of 350 marks (Phase 2 + Interview).
In the RBI Grade-B interview process, the interview panel assesses a candidate on three major criteria: confidence, knowledge, and personality. Since you’ve already qualified RBI Grade-B Phase 2, it is fair to assume that you have sufficient knowledge about the technical aspects. Hence, to clear this round, you need to work on your soft skills and presentation skills.
- Prepare generic questions about yourself: These include questions like:“Introduce yourself”, “Tell us about yourself”; which could be among the first questions asked by the interview panel. Prepare a very powerful answer to that question. At the same time, keep it simple, short, and convincing.
- Know about your native place, alma-mater, and city of your residence: Questions regarding your native place, where you are currently residing, alma-mater might be asked. Hence,know about the historic importance of those places, core values of your alma-mater, motto, who were the founder(s), etc.
- Knowledge about RBI: As RBI is your potential employer, it is but expected you will have a fair bit of knowledge about it. Keep yourself updated on all recent developments/reports/announcements. You will find them on the RBI website.
- Knowledge about RBI Grade-B officer profile: Questions concerning your job role, what all you would want to transform, etc.,might be asked.
- Technical Knowledge: Brush up on the technical aspects of the syllabus for the interview. Questions about NABARD, Cooperative Banks, WTO, World Bank, etc., have been asked. Conceptual questions from topics like NPA, stock market, monetary policy, instruments, etc., have also been asked.
- Knowledge about current affairs topics: Be prepared to answer questions on what all is happening around you, for example, the economic impact of COVID-19.
Reading newspapers should be a part of your daily schedule. You can also give mock interviews to prepare well for the final one.
RBI Grade-B Interview Question Bank
Based on the experience of our students, we have compiled a list of questions you must prepare for the RBI Grade-B interview round:
- Introduce yourself - Tell us something about yourself.
- Where do you hail from? And what do you know about your native place?
- Tell us something about your hobbies.
- Who is your role model; and what are the qualities that you’ve imbibed from him/her?
- What inspired you to join the banking sector?
- What do you know about SWOT?
- How should the government increase its revenue without increasing income-tax?
- Can you differentiate between fiscal deficit and revenue deficit?
- How does RBI generate profit?
- What are the different departments in RBI? What do you know about them?
- What are the roles of RBI? Which one fascinates you the most?
- What is NPA? How should India resolve its NPA crisis?
- What do you know about economic survey?
- Do you think India can become a cashless economy? What are the pros and cons of a cashless economy?
- What all can you tell us about the consolidated fund of India?
- Which social media networking website do you use the most? What are your views on it?
- Do you think social media has more negatives than positives?
- Which is your favorite sport? Who is your favorite athlete?
- Do you have a PPF account? What are your views on investments in PPF?
- What are the current RBI monetary policy rates? What do you know about them?
- Which department handles cybercrime in India?
- What do you know about e-choupal?
- What is OROP?
- How many alpha-numeric digits are there in IFSC code?
- What can you tell us about portfolio investment?
- What is the difference between a leader and a manager?
- Do you think HR plays an important role in the organizational framework?
- Differentiate among mergers, acquisitions, and takeovers. How is one different from the other?
- Why does a stockmarket crash? What do smart investors do at the time?
- What are the duties of an RBI Grade-B officer?
- What do you know about the World Bank and the IMF? How are they different from each other?
- What are the functions of cooperative banks in India?
- Can you identify the areas that need to be worked on to strengthen the Indian economy?
- What should be the possible strategies to uplift the economy from the COVID-19 crisis?
- What measures were taken by the RBI to counter the economic fallout from COVID-19 crisis?
These are some of the questions that you should prepare for RBI Grade B Interview. In addition, be well prepared on current affairs and the hot topics of the contemporary discourse.
Read more such informative articles on our RBI Grade-B webpage.
If you need more assistance with your RBI Grade-B preparation, you can join our comprehensive course that will surely boost your preparation. Get in touch with our course counselors to get more information about the course deliverables.