UPSC NOTIFICATION 2019
The UPSC IAS 2019 Notification is going to be released by the commission on 19th February and candidates will be able to fill the application form for UPSC Civil Services 2019, from 19th Feb to 18th March 2019.
Importance of official notification
- The UPSC notification is the only authentic source of all the information regarding total number of vacancies , eligibility criteria, exam date, exam pattern, syllabus, selection procedure and any proposed changes in the examination in the upcoming examination.
- UPSC Notification will also provide detailed information on pattern and marks of Preliminary examination and Optional subjects for UPSC Mains Exam etc.
- As of now the academic calendar has been released by the UPSC
Know the important dates of UPSC Civil service examination
- Date of notification of Civil Service (Prelims) - 19th February 2019
- Last date to apply for Civil Service (Prelims) - 18th March 2019
- Date of Preliminary Exam - 2nd June 2019
- Date of Mains Exam - 20th September 2019
(Dates and duration are liable for alternations)
Civil Service Notification 2019 (General information â Static)
- The candidate must hold a PASS BACHELOR'S degree from any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University, under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared or intend to appear for the final examination and are awaiting results are also eligible to apply for the Preliminary Examination.
- All such candidates who qualify the Prelims examination must produce a proof of Pass Bachelor Degree to appear for the Civil Services Main Examination. This Degree has to be attached with their application for the Main Examinations.
- The UPSC may, in exceptional cases treat a candidate without the foregoing requisite qualification as an eligible candidate if he / she has passed an examination conducted by other institutions, the standard of which justifies his / her admission in the opinion of the Commission. The criteria may apply to candidates having bachelor's degree from any reputed foreign university for example Oxford, Cambridge, and Harvard etc.
- Candidates with professional and technical bachelor's degrees that are recognised by the Government are also eligible to apply example MBBS, BE etc.
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 1st August of the year of examination.
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate belongs to a Scheduled Caste (SC) or a Scheduled Tribe (ST).
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of candidates belonging to Other Backward Classes (OBC) who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates
- Up to a maximum of five years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from the 1st January, 1980 to the 31st December, 1989
- Up to a maximum of three years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and have been released.
- On completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from 1st August 2019) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or on invalid.
- Up to a maximum of five years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years Military Service as on 1st August, 2019 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment
- Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopedically handicapped persons.
We have published a separate article regarding the examination pattern of UPSC Civil service examination. Follow that article to enlighten yourself regarding the syllabus and examination pattern of Civil service examination
To know whether there are going to be any changes in the optional, general studies papers or in the preliminary examination pattern; we have to wait for the official notification of UPSC.
We will also be posting all the relevant UPSC uploads. So in order to keep yourself up to date, stay tuned to this page.