What is IIM Indore 5 year integrated course?
IIM Indore’s 5-year integrated course is India’s first one of its kind that was launched in 2011. Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) is spread over a span of five years. Association of MBAs, London, has accredited the programme (4th and 5th Year). IPM by IIM Indore aims to groom the young minds and prepare them to become business leaders by imparting the best education. IIM Indore’s 5 years program is designed for students that have passed out from Senior Higher Secondary (XII). The five years of learning is divided into a 3-year graduate degree (1st, 2nd, 3rd), and a 2-year post-graduate degree (4th, 5th).
During the First Three Years:
Students enrolled in the IPM-IIM Indore are trained and taught to achieve in different ways. In the course of the first three years, IPM students are groomed on how to-
- Demonstrate language skills
- Demonstrate oral communication skills
- Enhance physical well-being
- Demonstrate knowledge of foundational subjects for management studies
- Demonstrate an awareness of ethical understanding
During the Last Two Years:
IPM students are enrolled in the PGP program during the last two years. The Post-graduate level course follows the same curriculum of the PGP programme. The course goals outlined by IIM Indore for the last two years include-
- Develop social consciousness
- Develop critical thinking skills
- Inculcate integrative thinking ability
- Enable students to understand the relevance of context in business
- Promote interpersonal awareness and ability to work in groups
- Develop competence in quantitative analysis
- Prepare business leaders with a sound understanding of ethics
- Enable students to learn how to apply the basic principles of communication in order to write effective business messages, case analysis and reports.
IPM Course Foundation:
Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) course is for 5 years with 15 terms. Each year has 3 terms, and per term is covered in 3 months. The undergraduate years (first three years) are based on intense foundation building disciplines, and the post-graduate years are based on imparting management specific education. IIM Indore has three major elements for the IPM foundation. They are-
- Courses in Psychology, Sociology and Political Science along with courses in Economics provide an understanding of the core disciplines on which the study of management is based.
- Courses in Mathematics, Statistics and Economics build analytical rigor.
- Courses in Humanities, Literature and Fine Arts provide breadth and perspective.
At the closing of the third year, IPM students will carry out a social internship and a business internship during the 4th and 5th year. The internships are a mandatory requirement for the students to further polish their managerial skills and to seed the qualities of a leader.
On successfully completing the 5 years course, students are awarded Bachelor of Arts (Foundations of Management) and Master of Business Administration (under the Dual Degree Programme) by IIM Indore.
Mathematics, Statistics, Economics
Offered Courses in the First Three Years (undergraduate):
Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Foundations of Management
- Foundation Courses in Maths & Statistics
- Game Theory
- Stochastic Modelling
- Spreadsheet Modelling
- Mathematical Modelling
- Micro and Macro-economics
- Indian Economy
- Money, Banking and Finance
- International Trade
- Introduction to Sociology & Psychology
- India & World Politics
- Public Administration
- International Relations
- Business, Government and Society
- Business History
- Principles of Management
- Languages: English, French, Spanish, German
- Communication & Presentation Skills
- Dance, Music
Offered Courses in the Last Two Years (post-graduate):
- Finance & Accounting
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Information Systems
- OB & HR
- Operations Management & Quantitative Techniques
- Rural Immersion Programme
- Himalaya Outbound Programme
- Industry Visit Workshop
- Other Optional Workshops
IPM Fees + Accommodation
The fee for Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) for the first three years is INR 4, 00,000 per annum for national applicants, and INR 6, 00,000 for international applicants. The 4th and 5th year fees are the same as the regular PGP programme.
The institute provides hostel facilities to the students on a sharing basis for the first three years of the IPM course. However, students in the 4th and 5th year are allowed to accommodate single rooms.
Eligibility Criteria for IPM IIM Indore
Only the students who meet the eligibility criteria will be able to write the IPMAT exam-
- Candidates belonging to General and NC-OBC category must hold a Higher Secondary and Senior Secondary Certificate (X and XII) with a minimum of 60% aggregate.
- Candidates belonging to SC, ST, and PWD (DA) category must hold a Higher Secondary and Senior Secondary Certificate (X and XII) with a minimum of 55% aggregate.
- Candidates belonging to General category must not be older than 20 years as of July 31st, 2019.
- Candidates belonging to ST/SC category must not be older than 22 years as of July 31st, 2019.
Selection Process for IPM IIM Indore
The selection process for Integrated Programme in Management (IPM) -
- Eligible candidates must first fill the application form.
- Candidates must write an entrance exam called IPMAT to have the aptitude, logical reasoning, and proficiency in English and Mathematics, tested.
- Candidates who are shortlisted are called personal interviews. The interview is held to test the students’ communication skills, level of confidence, general awareness, persuasion skills, and knowledge.