HIGH ORDER THINKING SKILLS
ACIDS, BASES AND SALTS
1. Why is Plaster of Paris stored in a moisture proof container?
2. What do you mean by neutralization reaction? Give two examples.
3. Mention two uses of baking soda and washing soda.
4. Why does a milkman add a small amount of baking soda to fresh milk to shift the pH of fresh milk from 6 to slightly alkaline?
5. Why do acids not show acidic behavior in the absence of water?
6. Rain water conducts electricity but distilled water does not. Why?
7. Why don’t we keep sour substances in brass and copper vessels?
8. What is the common name of CaOCl2?
9. Name the compound used for softening hard water.
10. What happens when baking soda is heated?
11. Give the properties and uses of bleaching powder.
12. Give a few uses of acids, bases and salts respectively.