Class X Science
Hots for Carbon and its Compounds
1. Name two allotrapes of carbon.
2. Why covalent compounds have low melting and boiling points?
3. Give two properties of ethanol.
6. Name the peculiar/specific chemical property exclusive in case of saturated hydrocarbons and unsaturated hydrocarbons.
7. Why does carbon forms large number of compounds?
8. Write the structural formula for brompentane and ethanoic acid.
9. How does ethanoic acid react with carbonates and hydrogen carbonates? Show it with the equation.
10. Draw the structures of two isomers of butane.
11. Differentiate between saturated and unsaturated hydrocarbons. Give one example for each.
12. Diamond and graphite show different physical properties although they are made up of carbon and shows same chemical properties. What is the property called?
13. What is denatured alcohol?
14. What is esterification and give its uses?
15. Give difference between soap and detergent.