PERIODIC CLASSIFICATION OF ELEMENTS
1. On what basis did Mendeleev classified the element?
2. Define ‘groups and period’?
3. What is common among all the elements present in one period?
4. Name two alkali metals present in Group 1.
5. An element X belongs to II group and 2nd period. Write atomic number and name of element.
6. The electronic configuration of an atom is 2,8,7. Give its atomic number, nature of oxide.
7. Why are noble gases placed in a separate group?
8. Lithium, sodium potassium belong to same group called alkali metals. Wjy?
9. Give characteristics of period.
10. State three points of difference between Mendeleev’s Periodic Table and Modern Periodic Table.