Law Entrance Mock Test Strategy (Formula to solve Mock Tests)
Mock tests are an integral part of preparing for any competitive exam, be it law entrance or any other. They help you get an idea of the pattern of the exam, the type of questions asked and most importantly, the level of difficulty of the exam.
You should write at least one mock test at the start of your preparation to see how far or close you are to your target score. It will help to identify your exact requirement. The nomenclature of this test can be a Diagnostic test the purpose of which is to diagnose the areas for you which needs improvement. Once you develop a study plan for yourself, based upon the result of this assessment test, execute the learning phase completely and revise your basics completely. DonÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt write any Mocks in between. You may take the next mock in the refine phase of your preparation. This is also when you may take multiple mock tests.
There are some definite points that you must follow to make the most of your mock tests. As explained earlier, mock tests are meant to make you exam ready and so we are happy to share you a strategy to make the most of a test series:
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ Take the tests at the same time during the day as per your actual Law Entrance i.e. in between 2 pm and 4 pm.
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ DonÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt pause the tests in between if you start feeling tired or for any other reason. Take the mocks in one sitting. Actual Law Entrance does not allow you to take the exam at multiple sittings.
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ DonÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂt take extra time to solve questions. Stick to the time you will get in the actual Law Entrance.
ÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ¢ If on the actual exam day, you intend to take 5 different sections in a definite order, then do the same in the mock tests. Try to stick to the order that works for you.
However, just taking a mock test is not enough. You need to have a strategy in place to make the most of it. Here is a formula that you can use to solve mock tests effectively:
1. Understand the Pattern: The first step is to understand the pattern of the exam. This includes the number of sections, the type of questions asked in each section and the marks allotted for each section.
2. Analyse Previous YearsÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ Papers: Once you are aware of the pattern, the next step is to analyse the previous yearsÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ papers. This will give you an idea of the kind of questions that are generally asked in the exam.
3. Make a Plan: Based on your analysis of the previous yearsÃÂ¢ÃÂÃÂ papers, make a plan of attack for the mock test. This should include which sections you will attempt first, which questions you will attempt first within a section, etc.
4. Stick to the Plan: Once you have made the plan, it is important that you stick to it. Do not get deviated from your plan no matter what.
5. Time Management: Time management is crucial in any competitive exam. While solving the mock test, make sure you stick to the time limit for each section.
6. Review your Answers: After you have finished the mock test, review your answers. Check where you went wrong and where you need to improve.
7. Repeat the Process: Take as many mock tests as you can and repeat the process.
With each mock test, you will get better and better. By following this formula, you can make the most of the mock tests and improve your chances of cracking the law entrance exam.
A career in law is one of the most sought-after and prestigious professions in India. Every year, thousands of students appear for law entrance exams with the hope of securing a seat in one of the top law schools in the country.
If you're planning to pursue a career in law, then you must have heard of Career Launcher. It is one of the most popular and reputed CLAT coaching institutes in Pune for law entrance exams.