Delhi University UG Admissions
Delhi University is one of the most highly regarded Central Universities in the country. Colleges under the Delhi University umbrella regularly rank amongst the very best colleges in India according to the NIRF ranking. Considering the stature of the colleges under Delhi University, it makes sense that the number of aspirants for Delhi University numbers in the lakhs.
This article contains details about the Delhi University UG Admissions and Courses such as:
- Delhi University UG Courses Offered
- Intake of Delhi University across Courses
- Delhi University Admissions Process
- Tuition fees for Delhi University
- Top Colleges in Delhi University
Delhi University UG Courses
Delhi University offers a range of UG courses across several different colleges which consistently rank as some of the best in India. Some of the major UG courses that Delhi University offers are:
- BA (Honors) – The BA (Honors) course is one of the most sought after courses at Delhi University. You can opt for a range of specialization from music to languages.
- B.Tech - This is a technical course in Information Technology and Mathematical Innovations. It is a 4 year course headed by the Cluster Innovation Center, University of Delhi.
- BMS/BBA (FIA)/BA (H) Business Economics - Several colleges under the DU umbrella BBA/BMS/BA Business Economics degree. A total of 659 seats for BMS, 510 seats for Business Economics and 150 seats for BBA (FIA) were available till last year for various colleges under the DU.
- Delhi School of Journalism – This is a 5 year integrated course which allows students to graduate after 3 years with Bachelors in Journalism or after 5 years with Masters in Journalism. You would have the option to pursue the course in either English or Hindi.
- B.Sc. - The B.Sc. degree offered by Delhi University is available through several specializations including Mathematics, Statistics, Botany, Chemistry, Electronics, etc.
- B.El.Ed - This is a course designed for aspiring teachers. It integrates the subject knowledge with study of human development, teaching and communication skills.
Intake of Delhi University across Courses
As mentioned above, Delhi University plays host to a vast number of colleges and a huge number of courses. The table given below includes the intake of Delhi University of some courses:
|BA (Honors) Languages
|B.Sc.-M.Sc. Integrated program in Ayurveda Biology
|BMMMC at Indraprashtha University
|5 Year Course in Journalism @ DSJ
Note: The numbers for the different programs may vary. The final notification will determine the total seats.
Delhi University UG Admissions
For the Delhi University, UG Admissions, there are several different steps and methods. Depending on the course and college that one applies, the DU UG Admission Process may vary. In general though, the Delhi University UG Admissions generally consists of 2 stages:
- Eligibility: Each course in the Delhi University UG Admission Process has its own eligibility criteria which determine whether one is eligible for admission into their selected course. The eligibility criteria, while unique to each course, normally consists of a minimum percentage in the Class 12 Board Exams. For certain courses, it may also be necessary for one to have taken some subjects in their Class 12.
- Merit or Entrance Test Based Calls: For some courses in the Delhi University UG Admissions, the admissions is done purely based on merit which means that if you clear the cut off percentile of the Class 12 Boards, you would get a call from the college. Other courses may require you to attempt an Entrance Test and based on the score in the Entrance Test and the Class 12 Exams, the calls would be given. There is some contention about the Delhi University UG Admissions this year as Delhi University is expected to accept the CUCET Score this year.
Delhi University UG Tuition Fees
One of the attractive features of Delhi University UG Courses, apart from the stature of the colleges itself, is the tuition fees. Being a central university, Delhi University has always had an extremely reasonable fee structure.
If we look at the top colleges under the Delhi University umbrella, the tuition fees ranges from Rs. 6500 to Rs. 36000 per annum with most colleges having fees between Rs. 10,000 and Rs. 20,000. This means that a UG Course at Delhi University will cost at the maximum around Rs. 1,08,000 for a 3 year period.
Please note, these figures are only restrained to the tuition fees. Other additional fees may be charged by different colleges of the DU.
Top Colleges in Delhi University
While there are a plethora of options amongst Delhi University Colleges, it is always good to keep your focus on some of the top colleges. Given below are a few of the top colleges for different streams which fall under the Delhi University UG umbrella:
- St. Stephens College - It is one of the highest ranked colleges in the NIRF Rankings ranking between 2 and 4 over the past 2 years. It’s B.A. and B.Sc. courses are some of the more popular courses offered
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women - This is another college which has consistently ranked as one of the top 10 colleges across India over the past 3 years. It offers several courses with the B.A. and B.Com. Courses being the most popular.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce – Popularly known by its abbreviation SRCC, it is one of the most sought after colleges in the country and offers several courses with the top courses being B.A. Economics and B.Com.
- Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business Studies – It is one of the top colleges when it comes to Business Studies for the BBA Course.
- Hans Raj College – The Hans Raj College is one of the most popular colleges and ranks within the top 10 colleges in India according to the NIRF ranking. The most popular courses here are the B.Sc., B.Com. and B.A. Courses.
- Hindu College - Established in 1899, Hindu College commands an impressive ranking of 3 in the NIRF Ranking. The most popular courses at Hindu College are the B.A. and B.Com. Courses.
- Miranda House - This women’s only college has ranked as the number 1 college across India according to the NIRF Ranking for the past 3 years. The B.A. and B.Sc. Courses are the most sought after in the college.
- Gargi College - The Gargi College has ranked 15th and 16th over the past couple of years. The most popular courses available are the B.A. and B.Sc. Courses.
These are some of the top colleges which fall under the Delhi University UG Admission Process.