Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College (BJMC), Ahmedabad

Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College Ahmedabad also known as BJMC is situated in Asarwa, Ahmedabad in Gujarat state of India. It was founded in 1946 and is affiliated to Gujarat University. The college provides admission to 250 seats every year in MBBS and also admits students over 15 branches of medicines, 5 branches of surgery, super specialty courses of D.M. in 3 branches, M.Ch in 4 branches, postgraduate diploma courses in 10 branches, and many other health care degrees for non-medical students.

PROGRAMS OFFERED:

  • MBBS
  • MD
  • MS
  • DM
  • Diploma
  • MCh
  • MSc

Getting into BJMC AHMEDABAD:

  • BJMC AHMEDABAD admission process for MBBS admission is done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY cum ENTRANCE TEST i.e. NEET.
  • The procedure is as follows:
    NEET (UG) TEST MERIT LIST COUNSELLING

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF BJMC AHMEDABAD:

The student should have obtained 50% in his 10+2 Senior School Certificate Examination or Intermediate Sciences (I.Sc.) or an equivalent examination of a recognized University/Board of any Indian State with PCB/BIOTECH

NEET (2019) EXAM PATTERN:

  • The question paper comprises of 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
  • The distribution of questions in NEET 2019 was as follows:
Subject Questions
Physics 45
Chemistry 45
Botany 45
Zoology 45
  • Aspirants would be awarded +4 for every correct answer and a penalty of -1 for every incorrect answer.
  • Minimum eligible score for the entrance of MBBS is 50 percentile for general category, 45 percentile for physically handicapped general candidates and 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category candidate.

RESERATION POLICY OF BJMC AHMEDABAD

15% of the total seats are reserved for All India Quota. The remaining 85% of the seats are filled by the norms of Gujarat University. The seats are reserved as: 27% of OBC, 17% for SC and 7.5% of ST.

BJMC AHMEDABAD FEE STRUCTURE:

Tution Fee: Rs. 30000

NEET 2018 CUTOFF FOR BJMC AHMEDABAD for AI Quota:

CATEGORY OPENING RANK CLOSING RANK
GENERAL 24 545
SC 4322 15266
ST 4856 22850

FACILITIES AT BJMC AHMEDABAD:

One among the best medical colleges of the country, BJMC Ahmedabad provides library, WiFi, hostels within the campus for its students. The library of the Institute is the college is the largest resource of bio-medical literature in Gujarat state. It has about 41,000 books and back volumes of journals, 2032 reports and an annual subscription of 236 journals.

Get access to CL's Free NEET portal

Get into a medical college studying right at home with our online programs for NEET-