Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College (BJMC), Pune

Byramjee Jeejeebhoy Medical College Pune also known as BJMC was established in 1946. It was started in 1878 in Pune and later converted to a full-fledged medical college in 1946. The college is administered by the Government of Maharashtra and works alongside the Sassoon Hospital. The college has previously ranked consistently among the top 10 medical colleges of India. It offers admission in various courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.

PROGRAMS OFFERED:

  • MBBS
  • MD
  • MS
  • Diploma
  • BPMT
  • MCh
  • BSc
  • PG Diploma

Getting into BJMC PUNE:

  • BJMC PUNE admission process for MBBS admission is done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY cum ENTRANCE TEST i.e. NEET.
  • The procedure is as follows:
    NEET (UG) TEST MERIT LIST COUNSELLING

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF BJMC PUNE:

  • Candidate should have attained the age of 17 and not more than 25 years on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
  • The candidate should have passed in 10+2 or equivalent qualification with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Botany and Zoology with minimum marks as per MCI norms

NEET (2019) EXAM PATTERN:

  • The question paper comprises of 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
  • The distribution of questions in NEET 2019 was as follows:
Subject Questions
Physics 45
Chemistry 45
Botany 45
Zoology 45
  • Aspirants would be awarded +4 for every correct answer and a penalty of -1 for every incorrect answer.
  • Minimum eligible score for the entrance of MBBS is 50 percentile for general category, 45 percentile for physically handicapped general candidates and 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category candidate.

RESERATION POLICY OF BJMC PUNE

15% of the total seats are reserved for All India Quota and are filled on basis of NEET. The remaining 85% of the seats are filled by the norms of Maharashtra University. The seats are reserved as: 27% of OBC, 17% for SC and 7.5% of ST.

BJMC PUNE FEE STRUCTURE:

Tution Fee: Rs. 3.38 lakhs for total MBBS course of 5 years.

NEET 2018 CUTOFF FOR BJMC PUNE for AI Quota:

CATEGORY OPENING RANK CLOSING RANK
GENERAL 541 1167
SC 2001 16600
ST 35933 35933

FACILITIES AT BJMC PUNE:

One among the top medical colleges of the country, BJMC Pune provides library, hostels within the campus for its students. The college has well established laboratories and hospital along with it. Apart from these, BJMC PUNE also provides its students with sports and recreation facilities to keep them active and allow all their round development.

Get access to CL's Free NEET portal

Get into a medical college studying right at home with our online programs for NEET-