GANDHI MEDICAL COLLEGE, BHOPAL

Gandhi Medical College is among the most prestigious and oldest medical colleges of Madhya Pradesh and India. It was established in 1956 and is approved by the medical council of India. The college is affiliated to Barkatullah University and has various hospitals like Hamidia, Kamla Nehru etc associated with it. The college offers 150 undergraduate admissions every year.

PROGRAMMES OFFERED:

  • M.B.B.S.
  • BSc (Nursing)
  • MD

Getting into GMC:

  • For MBBS course, the candidate can apply to the college via NEET UG scorecard.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF GMC BHOPAL:

Candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board and should have obtained 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (taken together) and should have passed English as one of the subjects.
The candidates should have completed 17 years of age as on 31st December of the year of admission.

NEET (2019) EXAM PATTERN:

  • The question paper comprises of 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
  • The distribution of questions in NEET 2019 was as follows:
Subject Questions
Physics 45
Chemistry 45
Botany 45
Zoology 45
  • Aspirants would be awarded +4 for every correct answer and a penalty of -1 for every incorrect answer.
  • Minimum eligible score for the entrance of MBBS is 50 percentile for general category, 45 percentile for physically handicapped general candidates and 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category candidate.

RESERATION POLICY OF GMC BHOPAL

15% of the total 150 seats are filled as per NEET score and MSRMC cutoff. The remaining 85% of the seats are filled by the norms of State Counselling Authority. The seats are also reserved for ST, SC and other backward castes.

GMC BHOPAL FEE STRUCTURE:

  • Tution Fee: Rs. 50000 per year for MBBS
  • Library Fee: 1000 per year
  • University fee: 255 per year
  • Student Welfare Fee: 1000 per year
  • Hostel Fee: 240 per year
  • Hostel rent: 10000 per year
  • Note: Caution Money (Rs 3000) and Security deposit (10000 per year) are refundable.

NEET 2018 cutoff for GMC BHOPAL:

CATEGORY CLOSING RANK
GENERAL 7633
OBC 8890
SC 47541
ST 104911

FACILITIES AT GMC BHOPAL:

  • Separate Boys and Girls Hostel
  • Sports
  • Classrooms
  • Auditorium
  • Library
  • Medical/ Hospital

Get access to CL's Free NEET portal

Get into a medical college studying right at home with our online programs for NEET-