Lady Hardinge Medical College is a premier all girls Medical College located in Connaught place, New Delhi. The college was established and inaugurated in 1916 by Baron Hardinge, then Viceroy of India; and later became part of the Faculty of Medical Sciences, University of Delhi in 1950. Apparently there are 200 MBBS seats offered by Lady Hardinge for female candidates. The post-graduate courses were started in 1954 which is open to both male and female candidates. It is associated with Smt Sucheta Kriplani Hospital, Ram Manohar Lohia Hospital and Kalavati Saran Childrens Hospital.
Getting into Lady Hardinge Medical College
Admission for MBBS program- NEET
Candidates seeking admission to Lady Hardinge must qualify National Eligibility Cum Entrance. It is necessary for a candidate to score a minimum of 50% aggregate (40% in case of SC/ST and OBC candidates) in NEET to become eligible for admission to MBBS/BDS programs.
Eligibility criteria Lady Hardinge
Candidate who wishes to apply for the said exam must be an Indian National.
- Only females are eligible to apply for this course at Lady Hardinge.
- The candidates must have completed 17 years of age as or on December 31 of year of admission. The upper age limit is 25 years however, there's a relaxation of 5 years for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC.
- Candidates must have passed/appeared in 10+2 examination with at least 50% of the total marks (45% in case of SC/ST candidates), with Physics, Chemistry Biology/Bio-technology and English as compulsory subjects in class 11th and 12th from recognized schools conducting regular classes.
- The candidates must have passed the above mentioned examination in all subjects.
Admission procedure Lady Hardinge
- Admission at Lady Hardinge is strictly based on the merit list of candidates belonging to different categories is released by Faculty of Medicine and Sciences, Delhi University. 15% of the seats are reserved for AI Quota candidates
- Counseling is conducted for medical aspirants on the basis of their score obtained in NEET. Candidates will be informed about the various courses available to a candidate. None of the candidates already pursuing MBBS/BDS from any institute of the country shall be allotted a seat in the counseling.
- Upon successful allotment of seats, the candidates are expected to produce their certificates at the time of counseling, desired documents and admit card and score card of NEET exam to complete the admission procedure.
NEET (2019) EXAM PATTERN:
- The question paper comprises of 180 multiple choice questions from Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology
- The distribution of questions in NEET 2019 was as follows:
- Aspirants would be awarded +4 for every correct answer and a penalty of -1 for every incorrect answer.
- Minimum eligible score for the entrance of MBBS is 50 percentile for general category, 45 percentile for physically handicapped general candidates and 40 percentile for SC/ST/OBC category candidate.
Lady Hardinge reservation policy
15% of total seats are filled in through the entrance examination conducted by the C.B.S.E. on All India basis.
85% of total seats are filled in through the Delhi University Norms.
OBC -27%, SC - 17%, SC - 7.5%
Fee of Lady Hardinge Medical College for MBBS:
Annual Fee: 1355 pa.
Campuses Facilities at LHMC:
- Extra curriculum activities